Thursday, December 16, 2010

Obligatory Welcome Post

Welcome to Housewife Hiccups – the blog where I will confirm all suspicions that I am NOT a great cook and I’m NOT as organised as some would believe.

Photobucket

I blame Anthea Turner. Her and her How To Be A Perfect Housewife book (not a paid link). That book somehow found itself on my bookshelf and has taunted me for months. If HTBAPH (as it will be known from now on because I’m too lazy to type out the whole title every time I refer to it) could talk, it would be asking if I planned to dust any time soon.

So this here is the chronicle of one woman’s journey to become the perfect housewife. *snort* Perfect. Hehe.



3 comments:

  1. Ok, I've just followed that link and read out the blurb to my sister-in-law on the phone and we're both gobsmacked that such a book even exists!
    Please tell me it was written in the 1950's?? Surely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, it's more recent! I used to watch this woman on cable TV. Would have to turn it off because she was shitting me! But she does have some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to follow this with great interest. :)

    ReplyDelete